Monday, January 14, 2013

1st book report back, checkitout...

Well, I did it, my first book report is back from being read and it looks like I got good comments.  Thought I would post it on line as I am proud of it! And of course really want you to read this book! SO, without further adue I present to you, the Impossible Cure with my teacher's comments.
Book Report for LASH 1st Year
To begin, Impossible Cure was recommended to me by the Co-Founder and Director of Los Angeles School of Homeopathy when I was doing research as to whether or not I would want to become a Homeopathic Practitioner.  I was so impressed with Amy’s book that I read it twice.  It was also the first book I began to scribble notes in with my fine mechanical pencil, underlining sentences that really evoked something profoundly important to my own life and would want to reference from time to time.  I have never really written in a book before, but something made me want to do so, albeit I used a pencil not a pen.

Amy writes a wonderful book introducing how Homeopathy began -the history of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann and how Homeopathy transitioned into Amy’s life. This book is a general introduction on Homeopathy, including the basic philosophy of this unique and mysterious yet amazing medicine.  I was able to understand very simply how Hahnemann began his journey to developing remedies and the importance of potency with dosage.  How considering even being called the “black sheep” medicine, it has withstood the test of this time, and is now back finding its way against all odds, becoming more mainstream in our 21st Century.

This book shows clearly some basic principles of what Hahnemann set forth to provide to the world with classical homeopathy, and also considers examination of the other basic options of natural healing.  I was then able to learn why Amy chose to use this Healing Art for her son and, in turn, on the rest of her family.  Leaving her original career in the past, she awakened the world with her knowledge, expertise and then went on to become a Homeopathic Master.

From learning how disease basically consists within our bodies to symptoms and how they are revealed.  Why the laws of cure make perfect sense with basic teachings on how we can find everything in nature for which to heal ourselves; it left me in awe of the development of where Homeopathy needed to continue to go.

I loved how candid Amy was with her own experiences and that proverbial lesson as she quotes in the book – “ You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink”.  Further education from sharing her own experiences shows us that the “sip” can take you a long way but patience at times with Homeopathy is important.  It is not always that quick fix most of us are interested in.  Homeopathy is that long road you find yourself on when you finally realize it’s the road to stay on; it may take awhile but when it does heal, it is amazing and well worth the ride.  Sometimes while I study, I want to get up and shout from a rooftop, “come on people, what part don’t you get, this is so simple”. I love that!

It simply does not make sense that there would be so much skepticism within Homeopathy but Amy clearly shows how this happens in one of the best chapters of the book.  It seems so simple to understand and the proof is in the proving.  I personally, am not quite sure why it’s still in question.  Chapter 7 points out all the criticism with scientific insight and clarifies the existing continual aspects of further study taking place today, putting things in perspective for the average layman to be clear about what and why Homeopathy works.  Amy takes a healthy look at study trials for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergy, Flu, and more.  Particularly, of huge interest of mine; Addictions.  I was so happy to see that a study had been done with Alcoholics and Drug Addictions.  This would be the area I would like to concentrate within after I complete my first 3 years of Homeopathy study.  Having seen the devastation of a persons life all too often in addiction and at times in a close personal way, I might have chosen to study Crisis Management rather than Homeopathy but this book really sealed the deal for me.  Once I knew what Homeopathy could do for addicts I was convinced not only would I be able to find ways to heal general ailments, acute, chronic, I would be part of a world project to heal the mind, body and spirit of people destroyed but from a control issue.

The Impossible Cure showed me how this holistic medicine works- from basic health care to acute or chronic issues and also showing discussions on successful healing with diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Cancer.

From this book, I learnt how to go about choosing a Homeopath and the questions I should ask before deciding on an appointment with a particular practitioner.  I was able to really understand what my responsibility would be when going to visit a Homeopath for the first time, from what kinds of information to offer within the process and why.  Amy does a lovely job of showing a few important factors of what to expect including thoughts of how to express the story of your life.

I liked how Amy did not candy-coat the process of legalizing, as well as with the need for recognition of Homeopathy required in society today.  The uphill battle we face to educate within a world commonly resourced by money for the Allopathic sciences.

Amy dedicated this book to her family, husband and two sons, one of whom dealt with Autism and remains healed.  I would like everyone I know to read this book so that it will change the life within them as profoundly as it has changed mine.  The first time I saw the words “Dare to know that the source of all miracles lies within you” it changed my world forever as I now, dare to know.  Reading this book then set forth a chain reaction that has become for me most profound, and a wonderful miracle of healing within myself has begun.

As Hahnemman advised, “heal thy self” before attempting to heal others, Amys’ book has shown me that it’s not impossible to cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment